Andrew R. Cahill
Andrew advises and represents clients across a broad range of practice areas, including complex commercial disputes, trade secret misappropriation and intellectual property theft, unfair competition, trademark infringement, founder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud-related litigation, distribution and franchising matters, and bankruptcy proceedings. He has handled clients’ needs through all aspects of litigation, including trial and appeal, in addition to reaching favorable results for clients outside of the courtroom.
Andrew R. Cahill
Andrew has represented clients in litigation and bankruptcy matters across the nation. Representative clients include investors, founders, technology companies, creditors, distributors, manufacturers, and real estate companies.
Andrew has been named to the list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine from 2012 through 2019, an honor received by no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Southern California. Additionally, Super Lawyers selected Andrew as one of the Top 100 Up-and-Coming Southern California Rising Stars in 2015.
Recent Successes include the following:
- Obtained summary judgment for managers of international franchisor against co-manager’s claims for breach of fiduciary duty and control of the company.
- Successfully defended Board of Directors and Managers of an international trampoline park company in a three-week arbitration concerning a former manager’s claims relating to management and ownership of the company.
- Represented skin care company in antitrust and unfair competition litigation brought by an online retailer. Obtained judgment in favor of the client and an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained confirmation of a competing Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan of reorganization on behalf of minority shareholders in a large, publicly-held commercial real estate company; the competing plan was confirmed after months of trial. The confirmation order was affirmed on appeal by the United States District Court for the Central District of California (In re Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc., 2013 WL 4045922 (C.D. Cal. Aug. 7, 2013)) and the Ninth Circuit (In re Meruelo Maddux Properties, Inc., 2016 WL 536953 (9th Cir. Feb. 10, 2016)).
- Represented defendant owners of a high-end rehabilitation and treatment center in a dispute with a former co-owner. The former co-owner sought a judgment in excess of $1.5 million and objected to the defendants’ bankruptcy discharge. The matter proceeded to trial and resulted in a total defense verdict for the clients.
- Represented defendant debtor in an adversary proceeding through trial in which the plaintiff asserted fraud-related claims and breach of fiduciary claims totaling $3 million; the result was a near-total defense verdict for the client. The judgment was affirmed on appeal. In re Eberts, 2013 WL 1248637 (C.D. Cal. Mar. 27, 2013).
Before joining Lesnick Prince & Pappas LLP, Andrew practiced at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP (now Dentons). He served on his former office’s diversity committee and pro bono committee.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. 2004
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. 2001, summa cum laude